Image Map

Translate

Tuesday 18 October 2016

Fill your Mind with the word of God


I cannot begin to explain to you the importance of washing your mind with the Word of God everyday. We are exposed to pain, suffering, lies, evil, sin, and such overwhelming need in the world each and every day. It wears us down and weighs us down.




 The cares of this world can start to stick to you like miry mud that weighs down your feet causing you to slip and eventually fall. But the Word of God washes all that away. It cuts through the lies of the enemy and coats us in love and peace. It's like taking a hose to mud covered shoes! Once again the rubber can meet the road making our steps firm and secure.
Take some time each and every day and spend it with your Heavenly Father. Allow Him to refill you, wash you, and refresh you. Make it as important to you as a hot shower and a fresh pair of clothes right out of the dryer. We need daily washing in the Word, otherwise our eyes and ears can become clogged by some much of the world it becomes difficult to hear His voice.
Mediate on one verse if that is all you have time for today, but do it. Be washed in the love of Jesus. Let Him build you up in a way that no one else on earth can.
Find your peace in Him. "The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams.
He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name.
Even when I walk through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings.
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the Lord forever." 📖 Psalm 23

Source: Jennifer Chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment